You can’t come to New Orleans for a visit without having a cup of chicory coffee or a pecan praline. Now you can bring these flavors home with El Guapo’s award-winning Chicory Pecan Bitters! Made with a touch of cinnamon and another local favorite, Congregation Coffee (also available in our shop), these are truly unique bitters you will not find anywhere else.
Fall in love with the Old Fashioned cocktail all over again, or substitute them in ginger cocktails, such as the Moscow Mule and the Dark and Stormy cocktail. They make a wonderful addition to any baker’s arsenal as well!
Gluten free, vegan, GMO free, no sugar added. Made in New Orleans.
Chicory Pecan Old Fashioned
- ¼ oz of simple syrup or one brown sugar cube
- 2-3 dashes El Guapo Chicory Pecan Bitters
- 2 oz Bourbon or Rye
- Dash bitters over sugar cube or syrup and gently muddle
- Pour bourbon or rye in a rocks glass, add ice, and stir
- Garnish with orange peel or Luxardo cherry
Chocolate Chip Cookies, by Alexis Tabor, Beverage Director, Momofuku Nishi, NYC
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup refined white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp El Guapo Chicory Pecan Bitters
- 1 egg
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together dry ingredients, then add in butter, egg, and bitters. Fold chocolate chips in last. Roll into one-inch balls and place on a nonstick baking sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.